Have you got a pre-school child? Are they Ready for School?
If pre-school children can:
- Learn and play
- Talk, listen carefully and follow instructions
- Go to the toilet and wash their hands...
...they’ll be off to the best possible start. We can help you make sure your child is ready for school.
The 10 keys for unlocking school readiness are
- I can settle happily without my parent or carer
- I can tell grown-ups and friends what I need
- I can take turns to play and share when I’m playing
- I can go to the toilet on my own and wash my hands
- I can put on my own coat and shoes and feed myself
- I can tell a grown-up if I’m happy, sad or cross
- I know that what I do and say can make others happy or unhappy
- I am curious and want to learn and play
- I can stop doing what I’m doing, listen and follow simple instructions
- I enjoy sharing books with grown-ups